Things I have done this year:
– graduated from both a masters in education and a PhD in paleontology.
– been a lead classroom teacher for week-long summer camps, and at afterschool.
– taught classes on paleontology, structures, biodiversity, bioluminescence and butterflies.
– found myself jobs, albeit not full time permanent things.
– started dating again, quit dating again, and slowly started thinking about dating again.
– wrote long form fanfiction, and actually started work on the structure of a novel.
– more physical fitness than I’ve ever managed before. Been enthusiastic about a sport!
Things I hope to do next year:
– find a full time job in education.
– attend a historical ball.
– deal with my social anxiety enough to make a real go of the dating thing.
– make a start in actually writing that novel.
– moar skating!
I’m definitely definitely not where I ever intended to be on my 32nd birthday. On the other hand, I’m more or less stable, emotionally. I know who I am, and I know what I love and what I’m good at, and I think I like myself today. I have friends, online and off, I have jobs that I adore, and an amazing living situation with the best roommates I could ask for.
TODAY I am teaching, then going out for an English, then going iceskating. But right now I’m listening to Rock of Ages and dancing in my apartment, because I can.